Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Best Birthday Ever!!!

Hey!  This is Miss Crystal again, sharing a bit of life from East Africa.  Elliot and his family are here at Swahili Language School with me, and a few weeks back, Elliot got to celebrate his first birthday in Tanzania... ever!  Here he is to share a bit of his experience with you... which he calls the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! :)

This is me, with my dad and our friend Daudi
The day started off with my family singing the happy birthday song to me.  After they gave me a wallet for my birthday, we went to breakfast and then went back home.  In the evening I got a tomato remote control car.  We didn’t have school that day because it was a Sunday when we had birthday.  I played with the car all day.  I also got two cars from Miss Shelley and got candy and gave some of it to the other kids.  I got tons of colored pictures from the Gerths too.  Then later I didn’t know there was going to be a party till my dad said “come on! It’s time for the party!” and I said “What party?”  My dad said, “What does the name say?”  And it was my name!  They did the T on my name really good.  We went to the party and we had cake and popcorn and games.  We played cat and mouse and a ship game and lots of other games like “What Time Is It, Mr. Fox?”  Then we went back home, got dinner, went back home and went to sleep and then it was Monday.
Playing a fun game for my birthday
Getting ready for cake and popcorn.  I was so surprised that this was all for me!
It was the best birthday ever because I had been up all night thinking about what it was going to be like and thinking of things I wanted and how there’s no way they would happen here.  I never thought there were people that would get me sticks like guns for presents and cards and I thought it was going to be really bad but it was good.  Birthdays in Tanzania are good!
Me (in the hat) and all my new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment