Monday, May 21, 2012

Bake Sale!



Yesterday, my neighborhood in Kalamazoo had a garage sale.  While there were a lot of great deals around, I found the best surprise lay at the very end. 

Three girls in my neighborhood got together and decided they wanted to help support what God is doing in Tanzania.  So they came up with the idea of this bake sale.  They went all out!  Hot dogs, chips, coffee cake, sodas, and even my favorite cookies - snickerdoodles!

I didn't have any idea this was happening.  So when I came up to their house, thinking I'd get a bite to eat, I was shocked when the girls told me I didn't have to pay.  Then they showed me this sign.

I almost cried when I saw this.  I couldn't believe it!
Turns out, they were doing this all for me!  These girls were able to raise $102 - in one day! - towards getting supplies and needed funds to the school where I'll be going in just a few weeks.  I was so excited to see these girls do this - and so blessed that they took the time and effort to do something to support me!  (And I'm pretty sure they had a lot of fun along the way, too.  Look at these smiles!)


Who says "kids" can't make a difference?  Thanks, girls, for your love, support, and amazing encouragement along the way!

1 comment:

  1. This is incredible and I love that I'm not surprised. Lily and so many other middle schoolers have blown me away with their ability to accomplish BIG things!

    Thanks for sharing this Crystal!

    ReplyDelete