Thursday, August 9, 2012

Introducing... EMILEE!!!

Hello, all!  Miss Crystal here.  You may have heard I recently got back to Tanzania.  It's been a crazy month, but I've gotten to hang out with some amazing kids who just got into the country, so it's been a lot of fun too!  One of the kids that just arrived is named Emilee.  Emilee is 8 years old, loves animals, and she and her 5 brothers and sisters (and parents!) are on their way to MUSOMA, Tanzania to serve the Lord as missionaries with Wycliffe.  (That's where I'm headed too, so I'm super-excited!)  I'll let her tell you a bit about herself from here!

Hanging out with my brothers and new friend at a restaurant :)
I (Emilee) was really excited about coming to Tanzania.  We had to sell everything in our house in South Carolina, and that was really hard.  Everybody that came to check our house didn’t want to buy it, so it was really tough too.  I had to leave some of my toys behind, like stuffed animals and my own makeup kit that I had to give away.  But it was all worth it because I knew it was going to be a fun trip.
Emilee, with a dried palm frond that she broke off evenly
and made into a broom!  Very creative!
I like being a missionary kid here.  It’s better here than America.  I like kicking a ball, and soccer is their favorite sport (they call it football though!).  The Tanzanians are really nice people.  They have good food, like beans and chicken, where we're staying.  I like the watermelon too.  It tastes better than the States.  It’s hot here, but it’s not as hot (right now) as it was in South Carolina. 
Us in our "classroom," learning about Tanzania!
The past three weeks we’ve been learning songs in Swahili and Bible verses about how God loves us.  Miss Crystal and Miss Shelley have been teaching us.  I’ve made friends with some of the staff at the hotel where we’re staying and with other kids.  Beckham works at the cafeteria, and Kara is another Missionary Kid.  I’ve also made friends with the lizards on our roof.  There’s a boy one and a girl one.  The girl one is Josie, and the boy one is named Hungry because he likes eating the mosquitoes in our room, which really helps, but he can’t eat all of them at once.  I made friends with the bird too, whose name is Tweety, but I call him Tweet.  He sits on our door and on our porch and goes up to the tree and we give him bread if we have some.


Emilee and her new friend Kara, praying for a people group in Musoma.

Would you join me (Miss Crystal) in praying for Emilee and her family as they prepare for language school the next four months... and join her in praying for the work of Bible translation in Musoma?!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome testimony, Miss Emilee. Mommaw and Pappaw are very proud of you and pray for you every day. Love you to the moon and back!!

    ReplyDelete